Primarily, how to motivate yourself to do those things you know you need to do if you are to successfully reach your goals.
One thing we’re NOT going to talk about is listening to high-energy speakers who merely serve to get you all excited about success, and then leave you without any direction for achieving it.
This is all well and good, and works well when you ALSO have a workable plan for achieving your goal.
Even so, it’s not enough, especially for folks who have more than enough reasons to NOT want to reach for higher levels of success.
Before we go any further, I want to say that there’s nothing wrong with choosing to live more simply, with more limited choices.
If you’re happy with your life the way it is, then there’s no reason to change it.
However, if you’re not happy, and continually feel frustrated by lack and limitation, then you must make a decision to either accept your present circumstances, or do WHATEVER IT TAKES to change them.
Okay, at this point I’m going to assume that you have a goal, and you have plenty of reasons to achieve it.
If not, then make out 2 lists.
List out the benefits you’ll gain by successfully reaching your goal, and list out the potential losses you may incur if you do not reach your goal.
In fact, even if you know your reasons for wanting success, write them out anyways, because you can never have too much motivation, and having a written list is better than just a mental one.
Once you’ve written out these lists, keep them handy, and refer to them often. At least 4 times a day. In the morning before you get started for the day, at lunchtime, before you quit work for the day, and before bedtime.
Even if you do nothing else, this will keep your goal in the forefront of your mind, where it will affect any decision that may lead to its attainment.
If you want to add a spiritual component to this, each time you slow down to review your lists, pray that the Divine Presence of the Universe will help you achieve your goal, and will guide you to do what needs to be done to reach it quickly and easily.
You might be surprised at how motivated you’ll become when the Divine Essence of the Universe is working with you.
Moving forward, the next thing we need to cover is the importance of having a workable plan for success.
It should go without saying, but it’s amazing how many people try to succeed with nothing more than a goal and a series of decisions made on the spur of the moment.
Ever hear this phrase? “It’s not that people plan to fail, it’s just that they fail to plan.”
The problem here is that when you don’t have a clear plan of action, it’s far too easy to lose your motivation as you slip into a fear of the unknown.
Having a clear plan of action prevents this and keeps you motivated, because you always know what you’re supposed to be doing. It also helps when the plan you choose is one which tends to work for anyone who uses it. Your confidence in the plan itself can help keep you motivated.
A basic plan is good. A more all-encompassing plan which includes sub-plans for potential negative situations is even better.
For instance, those who want to go into business and make a lot of money can sometimes lose their motivation as they consider the possibility of people continually asking for donations, investments, and simple handouts.
Having a plan in place to cover this possibility can ease the fear and restore your motivation. Perhaps you can set up a policy that clearly describes WHICH people you’ll help and which ones get turned down, and then hire someone to manage that for you.
Now, if all this isn’t enough to keep you motivated, the next thing to add into the mix is affirmations.
- I enjoy being a valuable and productive member of society.
- The world needs me, my skills, and my unique set of talents.
- As I work to serve others, my own needs and desires are satisfied as well.
- The sooner I start, the sooner I’ll have the results I want.
- I find the process of discovery fascinating and exciting.
- Positive results come from taking positive action.
- I want to leave the world a better place than what I found.
- A mediocre result is 1000 times better than a perfect idea.
- Any progress is better than no progress.
- The only failure is the failure to try.
- A person on a mission will not be stopped.
- One strong effort will do more than a hundred weak efforts.
- There is a Source of guidance within me that is never wrong. I tap into that guidance now.
- The more I open my mind to Divine Guidance, the more I am in touch with true intuition.
- I have an Inner Intelligence guiding me to do the right thing at the right time.
- I trust the guidance that comes from within.
Repeat a series of affirmations at various times throughout the day. A great idea is to include them in your routine of reviewing your reasons for achieving your goal.
An even better idea is to record them and have the recording playing in the background on a continuous loop. This way, they can make a deeper impact and produce stronger results.
As your inner mind absorbs these and similar affirmations, you will experience greater natural motivation.
That’s because these statements become the foundation for every decision you make, and will mold your subconscious values to the point where you WANT to work towards success.
In summary, if you feel a lack of motivation, consider these points:
- Are your reasons for wanting success enough to justify the work involved?
- Do you have a clear plan of action?
- Are you praying for Divine Assistance?
- Are you using proven affirmations to shift your natural desires and impulses towards success?
Once you have all these in place, you’ll feel motivation welling up within you — no extra effort required.